This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Exercises after 5X5

Started by RMartini, July 16, 2014 · 8 Replies · 351 Views

RMartini

After reaching 5 sets of 5 for each wrist prep exercise, do we just continue to add reps as needed?  Are there other exercises to begin?

Adriano Augusto

Do them slooooooooooooowly. You're going to feel it as a new exercise.

dritar

Do them slowly is the best alternative, however, you may find useful to drop back to Week 5 or Week 1 just so you don't go all out on your wrists.

Joshua Slocum

Once I mastered 5x5, I did it again, only without the elbow flexion.

 

Currently, I'm doing them as tempo pushups (2s up, 1s hold, 2 s down) with no elbow flexion. I'm on "SE3" of this. 

Daniel Burnham
Joshua Slocum said:

Once I mastered 5x5, I did it again, only without the elbow flexion.

Currently, I'm doing them as tempo pushups (2s up, 1s hold, 2 s down) with no elbow flexion. I'm on "SE3" of this.

This. Quite a bit harder. Wonderful for pommel.

HamdiC
Joshua Slocum said:

Once I mastered 5x5, I did it again, only without the elbow flexion.

 

Currently, I'm doing them as tempo pushups (2s up, 1s hold, 2 s down) with no elbow flexion. I'm on "SE3" of this. 

By "without elbow flexion" you mean keeping your elbows locked straight for the whole movement?

Joshua Slocum
HamdiC said:

By "without elbow flexion" you mean keeping your elbows locked straight for the whole movement?

Yup. The only movement comes from the wrists. 

 

I don't do this for wrist rocks, though, since my wrist doesn't bend that far in that direction. 

HamdiC
Joshua Slocum said:

Yup. The only movement comes from the wrists. 

 

I don't do this for wrist rocks, though, since my wrist doesn't bend that far in that direction. 

You mean for the radial deviation part of the movement?

Jon Douglas

I switched to 1*10 whilst keeping my elbows straight :)