This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

whats your mindset during deload week?

Started by MrPuppeh, July 16, 2014 · 6 Replies · 277 Views

MrPuppeh

Hi !

 

Deload week is resting week and makes me kinda feel lazy. On the working weeks I feel more enthuziastic because i can see there whether i have become stronger/more mobile / better form etc.

 

I know the purpose of the deload week is to rest the body and allow connective tissue to adapt but im young and my ego is still big ( which im still trying to deal with ) 

 

At the 3rd week im happy that a deload week is next because im pretty beat up, but during the deload week it feels like im not doing much.

 

Whats your take on deload weeks?

dritar

At the 3rd week im happy that a deload week is next because im pretty beat up, but during the deload week it feels like im not doing much.

 

I'm exactly like this as well, but the mindset during deload week must really be to only do what you are supposed to and not more. 

Omega_89

The thing to remember is that if you don't deload your body will eventually do it for you anyway - either by becoming injured or just so thoroughly exhausted you physically can't train properly.

 

I trained for years without implementing deload and got incredibly beat up. Injuries all over the place from always going too hard.

 

Although I still don't like 'taking it easy' for a week, I realise how essential it is from past experience. So ultimately I just get on with it.

TANSTAAFL

My take: "Thank you Coach. Thank you from the depths of my soul."

Bro'

I love it. What used to be hard is now easy and it's a week where workouts are shorter. More time for other stuff. :)

Jon Douglas

Deload weeks I feel the strongest. I get through my short workouts with energy to burn, and don't have to dig to complete them. Then the next week I get to enjoy the fruits of mu pateince :)

Alan Tseng

before deload week: oh !@#$

deload week: I need to progress faster

after deload week: omg deload week's already over?

:injured: