How many of you guys have attended a seminar? how how long would you wait, in terms of progression, before you attended a second?
Jay
Started by Jay Horley, July 16, 2014 · 5 Replies · 2,395 Views
How many of you guys have attended a seminar? how how long would you wait, in terms of progression, before you attended a second?
Jay
1) Get on your preferred form of transport now.
2) Wait outside gym until seminar comes around.
Seriously, if you can, go. That's really all there is to is. It matters not what level or abilities.
All seminars are a bit different. If you've just been to one and have the means to go to another shortly, I'd go. No need to make time limits up.
I think a lot of folks feel self conscious about attending a seminar, wondering whether they'll be the weakest there etc I have been to three and like Christian says, they are all a bit different, but once your working as a group and feeling pushed all those cares fade away! If you can go, GO! You'll be inspired, meet some cool guys like us and get coached personally by an amazing guy in Coach Sommer!
Just realised I didn't get your question earlier, I have been to three seminars this year, the third I hosted in Stroud UK, all were different. Picked up nuggets of wisdom and cool technique pointers in all of them and definitely feel stronger after each, physically and mentally
I've only been to one, and it was absolutely the turning point in my training. I would absolutely prioritise the next one-- asap. Hugely fun and satisfying.
Also, despite my little cert numbers on the side there, I'm not actually very strong or good at gymnastics, yet I benefitted hugely. If you're the weakest there you are the one with the potential to gain the most.
This isn't a city gym where you worry about looking bad. If you're training with guts, like minded people such as those who attend seminars will support you whether you are doing kneeling pushups or planche pushups on the rings. We have all been in the same position at some point, and if you have to dig deeper to finish those kneeling pushups I guarantee people will see that and be cheering louder than for the easy pl pushups.
This is the difference between buying a course and training together with a community ![]()