This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tuck-Up Compression

Started by Salivanth, July 15, 2014 · 3 Replies · 314 Views

Salivanth

When I do my tuck-ups, I find I lack compression at the top of the rep. I can get my head or my knees to the correct position, just not both at the same time. I'm simply unable to get my knees close enough to my chest. Is this a strength issue, or a flexibility one, or both? What should I do to help it?

Murray Truelove

Probably strength. There are a few things you can do:

1. Pause at the top of the rep for a second or so.

2. While in child's pose (Google it if you're not familiar) practice compressing, this is basically a gravity assisted compression exercise.

3. In a squat practice compressing.

It's also worth stretching your hip flexors and ham strings.

Salivanth
Murray Truelove said:

Probably strength. There are a few things you can do:

1. Pause at the top of the rep for a second or so.

2. While in child's pose (Google it if you're not familiar) practice compressing, this is basically a gravity assisted compression exercise.

3. In a squat practice compressing.

It's also worth stretching your hip flexors and ham strings.

Thanks very much!

Murray Truelove

No worries. Good luck with your training.