Hi,
I read coach Sommer's article on the front lever and planche progressions, and have just started training the basic lever progressions, but I have some hypermobility in my elbow joints: my elbows lock about five degrees beyond a straight line, and so I wanted to know whether straight-arm work like the planche progression is:
a) safely trainable for me,
and
b) if so, should I lock out my arms (coach Sommer's article states that bending the arms reduces the effectiveness of the exercise) or should I try to keep my arms straight (i.e. use muscular tension to deliberately keep them from hyperextending to full lock-out)?
I'd like to train both lever and planche progressions together as the article recommends, but if the planche progression does turn out to be contraindicated for me, then could anyone recommend another suitable pressing exercise/static hold that I could substitute to complement the front lever training?