Rear Hip Extreme Tightness

Started by flipson, July 14, 2014 · 3 Replies · 1,925 Views

flipson

Does anyone have any suggestions for stretches for the muscles that stretches around the hip and just above the buttocks? This muscle on the right side is very tight. It is prone to pain on the touch and I can feel it as a tight lump just above the hip and buttocks toward my back. I can't figure out how to stretch this at all. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm figuring this is one of those that gets very tight on people who sit a lot. Thanks!!!!

Keilani Gutierrez

doing a good forwand bend(pike) with focusing on the hip hinge has helped me stretching my hip. piriformis strethes are also helpful.

EGordoAF

You try self-myofascial release?

Jon Douglas

What you are describing sounds very familiar to me, this stretch literally fixed it in 1-2 days :)