This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

5 days a week schedule

Started by BeanLion, July 14, 2014 · 3 Replies · 176 Views

BeanLion

I'm curious does anybody do the 5 day a week schedule?

There's a lot of talk about people moving from from 4 down to 3 but I'd like to know if anybody is doing the 5 day and making good progress?

I currently do a 3 day, used to do a 4 day but am now considering trying a 5 day a week to try and progress past 4x12 push-ups which I've been stuck on for months.

Daniel Burnham

Made good progress on 5 days a week when I was doing 1 hour a day. Moved to 4 days once the total volume started increasing.

Sensei JP

I've only started for just over a month, but I'm doing 5-day schedule.  I've done martial arts since my teens, often training two-three hours a day for four, five and sometimes six days a week.  My body has adapted to this schedule over the years.  That said, karate is often more conditioning and technique focused than strength, but it still carried over.

 

I also like the feeling of doing something every day.  That said, my SL and SLS both suffer from immobile low back and ankles, respectively.  Those exercises are currently very light as I focus more on proper ROM and form than brute reps, so, for all intents and purposes, I only put in serious sustained effort three days a week max.

 

As I start progressing in these elements, I might think about dropping down to four days.  My eventual ideal schedule will be, assuming the Stretch series released, two days F1, stretch, two days F1, stretch, relax.  Covers all the bases rather well.

BeanLion

Thanks for the comments.

I think I'll give this a go after my next deload.

As it's early days for me on F1 my workouts don't take very long, usually under 40 minutes. Plus these days I don't do many other activities, five a side football (soccer) 3 times a week and I get good sleep in.

I also monitor my HRV so hopefully this plus how I feel could give a good indication if I am overtraining.

The only thing is when to fit H1 in. On the 3 day a week this fits nicely on the 'rest' days. I won't have time to do it after F1b. As I do that workout at lunchtime I'll probably try to fit it in the evening.