This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

rope climb question

Started by katlinchen, July 14, 2014 · 0 Replies · 141 Views

katlinchen

Of course I know that the mastery of rope climb in Foundation 4 is not a simple rope climb, but muuuch harder!

But I was really happy and surprised, because I tried a rope climb the very first time in the gym today and was able to climb a 5m rope from sitting position all the way up in straddle!

Couldn't believe it, I am still struggling with the 5x5 pull-ups. When I am rested I can maybe do a single set of 6 pull-ups. On the 5x5 my arms are usually already exhausted and I can just do 4,3,2,2,2. I am really happy!

I have two questions now:

Why rope climbs (the simple ones like I did today) so much easier than pull-ups?

I think the difference might be that I am just taking really small "steps", not even the hald of my arm. And my hands are always in front of my face, never higher.

Is it harder to climb it in a straddle or in a pike?

I just tried straddle today but I can imagine that pike must be harder although I don't really know why!

I am curious about your answers!