I hate asking such a noob question but here it goes.
I have been working out steadily for about a year and a half. I havent been very consistant with any program but mainly just going on what felt good for the day. I started playing with gymnastic progressions since I read Coach's articals on the dragondoor forum and really started working the progressions when this forum went live.
I started working on the muscle up and am now wondering if I need a more solid base before progressing to that. So far I can do 12 ead hang pull ups if I give it balls to the wall effort but after the first set, it ruins me for the others. I then might only get like 8,6,5,5,4,4, etc. I have tried several different methods of upping my numbers but I still keep hanging around the same 12 rep max. I feel like I stalled. I was even doing weighted pull ups for like 4x3 with 25lbs.
Should I try to get more reps/set (ie. 3-5x10) before try to progress to MU or would adding weight and keeping with the low voume work better?
I'm also doing 5x2 with HSPU with my hands on cinder blocks. Should I try to get more volume (3x8-10) on HeSPU before moving to these or just stick with what Im doing.
Last question...Im I just expecting too much for the time that I've been training? I saw another post where someone mentioned working for almost 2 years on the planche and finally nailed a straddle.
Rogue
Thanks for any kind of advice. Im curious at to what others have done to progress along