Best Way to Train for Planche

Started by tennissports, July 14, 2014 · 8 Replies · 4,280 Views

tennissports

so I'm not quite sure what is the most effective way to train for a planche is (I'm a beginner).  So between static straight-arm work (like pseudo-planches), static bent-arm work to work to a elbow lever first, and just normal progressions (with normal repetitions), which should I do the most of?

 

Alexander Egebak

The one movement which resembles the planche the most. Pseudo planche pushups will build fundamental lean strength and learn you how to properly protract your scapula properly. When you can do a fine lean (5 x 30s) you should have the neccessary strength to go into frogstand training. Push up progressions should also help your planche progressing a little but those should not be trained at the expense of worse performance in leans and planche progressions.

Coach Sommer

The GB Foundation courses contain the most in depth planche training program in the world.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

tennissports

I'm focussed on developing my planche skills right now, but I don't want to leave my handstand/handstand pushup work neglected, I'm about to go into a 4 week training block where I have "planche days" and I'm not sure if I should add in days for handstand or normal push work

Awesssss

Post your entire program if you can. It will be easier to help you. And before anyone else says it, I might as well say it: get f-series and handstand series. :P

tennissports

Lololol coach and thx freshpro

tennissports

I'll have it up tomorrow

Alexander Egebak

Coach is right; foundation is the best way to go. I do however recognize that not everyone can afford the courses (including me), so providing a secondary way for good progress and little risk of injuries is essential. But you should not disregard his advice about buying the programs. If you think that you are better off on your own programming and that the courses are not for you one might ask himself why advice is being requested from the best of the best, who are actually doing (and creating) the foundation courses. It is understandable that Coach would not recommend an inferior take on strength training, and you should respect that when you are posting here. Just a little heads up from here.

 

Good training!

tennissports
Freshpro said:

Coach is right; foundation is the best way to go. I do however recognize that not everyone can afford the courses (including me), so providing a secondary way for good progress and little risk of injuries is essential. But you should not disregard his advice about buying the programs. If you think that you are better off on your own programming and that the courses are not for you one might ask himself why advice is being requested from the best of the best, who are actually doing (and creating) the foundation courses. It is understandable that Coach would not recommend an inferior take on strength training, and you should respect that when you are posting here. Just a little heads up from here.

 

Good training!

Lol bro, I'm 14, without mother money, buying the courses is out of the question