This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rope Climb length question

Started by Alan Tseng, July 14, 2014 · 4 Replies · 170 Views

Alan Tseng

I was wondering, does 8' mean meter or feet?

 

I ask since in here:

https://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/rc-programming-notes/

 

Coach Sommer says his athletes performs 4x 7m rope climbs.  Then in several sentences down, he says his preference for rope climbing at home is 8'.  I'd assume it's meters based on his athletes, but that seems a little... long?

jules

8m sounds about right.  

Cole Dano

It's feet, not many people have 8m high ceilings at home.

Alan Tseng

Thanks Cole!  Yah, 8 meter high just seems well... high :P.

 

I was wondering, what materials do you recommend for ropes?

 

GB should consider selling ropes :)

jules

Oh I guess I wasn't thinking about at home!  I just know that 7-8m at a gym sounds about right!