When going through the PE1's for FL/sPL/HBP/RC, I notice that the sPL exercise (Scapular Shrugs) and the HBP exercise (Incline Pushups) both involve arm work, specifically pushing. However, the FL exercise (Bent Hollow Body Hold) is a core exercise. With that in mind, given the lack of rest we're supposed to take between elements, would it be okay to do sPL first?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Swapping FL and sPL order?
Started by Salivanth, July 14, 2014 · 4 Replies · 168 Views
You can.
I do RC before HBP for the same reason and that has worked out fine
I'd recommend keeping it the same. It will be harder at first but by the time you get to f2 on spl work you will be glad you didn't change anything. The ims for spl in f2 is brutal...
In saying that the general consensus is you can do the exercises in what ever order you like but if something is hard why not keep training it until it isn't?
ausswe said:I'd recommend keeping it the same. It will be harder at first but by the time you get to f2 on spl work you will be glad you didn't change anything. The ims for spl in f2 is brutal...
In saying that the general consensus is you can do the exercises in what ever order you like but if something is hard why not keep training it until it isn't?
eh, I have the entire foundation series and I think it actually gets even easier from f2 onward. reason being that the order of the actual final elements: sPL/FL/HBP/RC is kind of like anterior dominate/posterior dominate/pushing/pulling. This is in comparison to the default order: FL/sPL/HBP/RC - posterior dominate/anterior dominate/pushing/pulling
Yah, I know that technically all muscles are used, but anterior delts is more used in a Straddle Planche and posterior delts is more used in Front Lever. Even more so if you think about it in terms of straddle planche pushups and front lever rows
I meant he combination of spl and hbp in f1 will help wih doing spl in f2. Look at the ims for spl se 1 for example. Doing spl and hbp in f1 one after the other is working those anterior delts a lot and is kind of similar to doing spl se 1 and it's Im. Of course it doesn't matter in the end because coach said it was fine to change the order. Just do what you think will benefit you the most. I tried changing the order around but I've gone back to the original now because I think I will gain a little more from it but if you will gain more from switching it around the. I highly recommend you switch it.
When I reach f2 for everything I hope to move on to f7. That will be brutal....