This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

H1 question

Started by DareToBeGymnast, July 13, 2014 · 6 Replies · 348 Views

DareToBeGymnast

So guys, i'll get to the point. Let's say that i have mastered the LAST PE/SE of the course. should i go for 5x5r (this is the mastery) to every next workout untill i master all the other PE/SE of the course?

For example, i found out that i mastered 5x5r WR/SE4 and there isn't a next progression in this course.Should i go for 5x5r in every next workout for this SE, untill i master all the other PE/SE, or should i go for deload etc.

Alan Tseng

I've always wondered whether there's any benefits to eventually progressing these to doing them on handstands?

Alan Tseng

well i do my wrist mobility work in slow, controlled tempo already

Guest

Why is that? I asked the same question a few months ago, and same answer: better to do it controlled. I would think it would be better to do it in a handstand.

Coach Sommer

The load in handstand turned out to be too high to be able to sufficiently control the movement. Wrist work performed with as slow a tempo as possible, not a heavier load, has proven to be the most beneficial.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jon Douglas
Coach Sommer said:

The load in handstand turned out to be too high to be able to sufficiently control the movement. Wrist work performed with as slow a tempo as possible, not a heavier load, has proven to be the most beneficial.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Interesting. I've been playing with hs wrist pushups lately but just assumed I wasn't strong enough to keep it slow

Alessandro Mainente

I think that with wrist series if you perform them too fast you cannot focus on isolating the correct muscle groups or connective tissue. as for example wrist push up. the goal it's not push up, i't work the extensors , for this reason i'm far from the final version of wrist push up. press up using extensor is by far my biggest goal.