This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Coaching for pHS/PE11 Redux

Started by Jason Stein, July 12, 2014 · 4 Replies · 146 Views

Jason Stein

Hello red-band coaches-

 

It turns out I required both a new computer and new camera.

 

I am having trouble pressing back out of straddle-L to stand, and I would appreciate some coaching direction. I included typical failed reps at the end.

 

I am able to perform single Stalder presses from the floor --- but only if I squat down into a high straddle-L; I can't press up with the legs anywhere lower on the arm.

 

http://youtu.be/MSQl0-e4DiE 

 

thank you,

jason

 

PS: Any info on embedding YouTube videos in post?

Jon Douglas

I'm working these as well. Based on prior advice I have read from Coach, i am currently working 5-10 sets of a half-press negative to straddle-L, followed by pressing as high as possible towards a stand and holding the top position I can reach for 10 seconds.

Mats Trane

Have a look through Handbalancer's posts here on the forum. Very informative.

Jason Stein

Hello -

 

Jon, thanks for the suggestions --- I will implement a static holds during upcoming cycle and see how they go.

 

Mats, I appreciate the suggestion to visit Mikael's posts; however I hope for more strategic suggestions.

 

For the static straddle-press, should I strive for 5x10sec at my max height? 

 

Also, would it be effective to try to cycle it from week 9 of a 10-second mastery template? That is, 4x8, 4x10, 5x10, 5x5?

 

Thank you for watching.

 

best,

jason

Jason Stein

Hello,

 

Well, I am in a de-load week, so as a test today I performed 3x5sec isometric holds on the press up. Longer durations are sustainable.

 

My thought is to wave volume/intensity approaching 5 x 10sec over the next 4 weeks.

 

I enjoy the pancake circles, so I thought to pair this with feet elevated pancake circles. 

 

Thank you for the suggestions, and of course anyone with experience please chime in to let me know if this is a sensible approach, and that I am not wasting my training time.

 

best,

jason