This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Practicing PE2 While Still at PE1

Started by Mike71, July 12, 2014 · 5 Replies · 322 Views

Mike71

I have been at 5x60s of PE1 (tripod) for quite a few weeks.  The ROM in iM1 is holding me back.  Recently I started practicing PE2 after I have completed 5x60s of PE1.  Is this okay?  Or should I not attempt PE2 at all until I master both PE1 and iM1? Or should I shoot for longer times now in PE1 (maybe 120s until I master iM1)?  I feel that I may be stuck at PE1 for a while due to iM1 and want to continue to make gains.

 

BTW -  Although I was only able to do a headstand for about 10 seconds, I was really impressed with how the core training in F1 allowed me to lift my legs into a headstand and the shoulder training of HS/PE1 gave me the strength to hold the headstand position.   In week one of H1 training, I struggled with tripod and could not imagine doing a headstand.  I recall how three sets of tripod for a mere 12s left my wrists, elbows, and shoulders sore post workout.  Now after 5x60s there is no soreness.  It is incredible to see the gains in strength of my wrist, elbow, and shoulder joints from H1 and F1 training after only four months.

howens

Well right or wrong I did it too. I'm doing the pe 3 headstand with Im 1 and 2 together. I have horrible shoulder flexion so after a year now I'm getting semiclose to mastering im1. Also my chronic shoulder pain seems to have almost miraculously disappeared after adding im2. The course does say though not to move on until both pe and im are mastered.

Riku Calderón

I am having great results at HS/PE1>iM now that i did start doing RC/PE2>iM. Im still in PE1 for RC but i did try it for HS and it workd really well.

john_c

I am still working on PE1/iM and have been for about 10 months. However I found that I reached mastery of the tripod quite comfortably after 3 months. I just carried on doing it for a while in the last microcycle but found I was getting a bit bored with it so when I was finishing it I would stretch out into the headstand then decided that I might as well move onto the headstand and iM while still working on PE1/iM.

So now I have tweaked it and do 5 sets  of PE1/iM for 25s, PE2/iM for 10s as stated and increment the headstand by 5 secs each week (except deload) until the iM's catch up. 

I have found the 25s on PE1/iM definitely helps as the extra time help me extend my ROM just a little bit more than 10s affords. 

I do a quick tripod 1-2s in between the wrist exercises just to give my neck a bit of prep prior to the PE as I found I was getting a bit of a neck ache.

Murray Truelove

I was doing PE/IM: 1-2 together after a couple of months. I'm now doing PE/IM 3-4 together and seeing great results.

Mike71

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I will combine training of PE1 and PE2 while striving to achieve mastery ROM for iM1.