This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE16>iM

Started by Mats Trane, July 12, 2014 · 5 Replies · 294 Views

Mats Trane

Well I have to admit that I've been avoiding this exercise for a while now. The reason for this is my poor upper back mobility. So every time I've been trying it I have failed completly and basically crashed.

Today I started to do them against a wall (thanks for the tip Cole) and I could actually do e few reps. So this at least got me started :) getting used to the movement and hopefully with time I can get away from the wall.

Hope this helps others getting started on this movement.

Alessandro Mainente

yeah the wall is good, i've used also to do that while standing on my extended legs when i was too locked on my back.

i've also used it with all bridge variations, but i played with it to much. if you cannot understand the movement it's fine, the secret is really stand on your fingers of feet and move the knees forward. with the need i've found the necessity to remove the wall assistance simply because you are pushing against it while the active thoracic range of motion it's achieved by trying to maintain together feet and hands, this mean squeeze the upper back vertebrae muscles. wall assistance takes of a part of this active work.

Gavin S

I am really struggling with this im, so I will try it against a wall to get a feel for the rotation and then I will take it off the wall. At the moment my body does not understand this movement yet.

Sascha Faltinger

for me hard as hell, too. first I thought it's a wrist issue. Now I feel its a lack in shoulder and lower back mobility. Practicing against a wall helps. Thanks for that.

MT Nordic

awesome post, Mats.  I was just searching and going to ask this question, so thanks for helping.  i too was crashing and looking like a complete clutz, so thanks for sparing my ego as well!  Cheers

Mats Trane

Thanks MtNordic! Also important to be able to pivot on your hands/wrists