This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New here

Started by Geni, July 12, 2014 · 8 Replies · 240 Views

Geni

hi all.

 

Just finished week 1 of F1. Super exited about this new journey.

Love this program. Everything is so clear.

 

How do you guys combine cardio & weights? I usually warm up with pvc roller, mobility exercises & activation drills/light cardio. 

 

best

Geni

federicoC

I do cardio on a separate day.

Geni

Cool!!

Jay Horley

Hey I do GB bodies in the morning and weights in the evening. However it all depends on your ability to recover and what your priority is. Do a few weeks of only GB and then see how your body feels adding more in. 

 

I'm not a the biggest fan of cardio, but if your are going to do it make sure its not tightening you up restricting your mobility for the progressions.

 

Jay 

Alan Tseng

It's not recommended to do a separate weightlifting session together with the courses

Jay Horley
alan tseng said:

It's not recommended to do a separate weightlifting session together with the courses

Yea I agree, stick to just GB for the best results, maybe throw in dips and chins at the end. 

BeanLion

I gave up doing weights, it was either F1 or weights. F1 was the better option!

As for cardio, I never usually try to do this. I just get mine in with a daily cycle to work and back plus playing sports a few times a week.

Jeremy Huston

When I feel I need a little cardio boost, I do a Tabata interval at the end of a H1 workout.  8 sets of 20 second sprint with 10 sec rest.  It only takes 4 minutes but I'm always gasping for air at the end.  Jumping rope works very well for this.  I also found I can get run around the track at my gym in almost exactly 20 seconds.