This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

how much time does your foundation training require?

Started by J0X, July 12, 2014 · 4 Replies · 284 Views

J0X

Hey guys title says it all. I am asking because in the latest podcast with the Coach he mentioned a time of 20mins to complete a workout. Thats ridiculouly low, that should be impossible if you have many 5x60 Sets like in f1. I found in f2/f3 i need maybe 30s to recover between each set as the movements ho toward max strength endeavors. My workout usually is 50-60 mins excluding warmup etc. Whats your experience?

Should you place a lot of emphasis on decreasing rest times?

Jon Douglas

Definitely you should emphasise as little rest time as possible. As Coach was fond of saying, if you feel ready for the next set, you rested too long :)

I set an hour and a half aside to do my f7, which includes my running around setting up weights for sls work, driving to the only park in town with stall bars, and warming up. How much time it takes varies depending on the position in the cycle; Usually around 5 minutes per element

Kopavski

i do f7 (without SLS) in a 20-25 time frame, with 30-45 rest between sets and 2 min between groups:

 

FL-Spl | 2min | HBP-RC | 2min | SL-MN 2 min |

warmup is 5min

 

 

I kinda like it to be less time "in workout mode", you go in, do your job and relax, have the whole day for other stuff, and then next time its 1% easier than previous workout. :)

RyanC

As certain things get harder like FL and sPL i've found that my training time has gone up. on my SL,MN, SLS days the workout is 35 minutes with warmup max. On the FL, sPL,RC, and HBP days the workout is more like an hour. I get a really good warmup and make sure i'm getting the most out of my reps.

 

I read what Coach said too and was like 20 minutes? Nah! But after warmup i think 20 minutes is about right depending on your intensity. When i'm doing FL i am sweating usually.

Aadil Siddiqi

F7 takes me around 80 minutes with a full warmup and stretching afterwards. I don't rest between sets, but I drink some water between elements.