This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE7 vs. FL/PE8

Started by Jukkaboy, July 11, 2014 · 6 Replies · 281 Views

Jukkaboy

Hey everyone, I have a small question. I do realize that not all exercises in Foundation are progressed in terms of strength required etc. however I still believe the body levers are meant to progress in terms of difficulty, is this a wrong observation? I'm still working on mastering PE7 and after my training yesterday I decided to try out PE8. I find PE8 significantly easier than PE7...much easier really and I was able to perform a set of mastery without it really being that hard.

Can anyone explain this to me? The way I see it, the straddle required more strength than the single leg, as the weight distribution of the lever is harder on PE7 than PE8...

howens

I think it's probably related to the width of your straddle

Jukkaboy

That could explain it yes, my straddle is pretty much the same width as the video from the course.

meras

I actually have the same exact experience , but I purposefully don't straddle too wide.

howens

Lol my straddle is horrible. I'm jealous of that problem. The only thing I've made it to f2 on is sls.

Stephen Majerle

I experienced the same thing. You will most likely breeze through PE8 after spending time on PE7. But don't worry, it gets hard again with PE9!

aiken54

Do you alternate legs doing ten reps per set, or do you just alternate legs doing the 5x5?