How much tendon soreness is normal?

Started by bigB, July 11, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,630 Views

bigB
It's not unusual for me to feel a little tenderness in my bicep and finger tendons for a few hours after my workout involving rope climbs or ring work.

 

It seems to be healed the next day.

It feels more like a muscle pain, but in the joint.

 

Is this normal?

Ideally, you won't have any pain at all, but it seems if you've injured the area before it might be normal.

 

I've learned to not fight real tendon and ligament pain, but it would seem that if you are working the tendons, slight discomfort might be expected.

 

If I feel a pain greater than a 2 on a 10pt scale, I just avoid training the area.

 

Do you think it's foolish to train with any tendon pain at all?

ajoOba

i would try to rest some days and cut the volume/intensity on your workouts and see if there is still pain after the workout. i don't think any pain is normal