This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ABH, TU form check

Started by blynch51, July 11, 2014 · 12 Replies · 340 Views

blynch51

Hey GB,

 

I was hoping to get some form checks on a couple of the moves. (ABH and TU)

 

 

 

I know I need to get my shoulders higher, but is that just a flexibility issue?

 

 

 

 

 

When I pull my legs toward my chest, they tend to flair out towards my shoulders.  Do I need to continue working on it until I am able to keep them together and touch the center of my chest?

 

 

 

Thanks everyone.

dritar

Make sure your feet are touching in ABH (and the whole foot, not just the heels).

 

In tuck ups, fight to get your legs together. It'll get better with practice.

dynamo

Ditto about the feet touching in ABH, but also try it w/ out your shoes to see if you can squeeze out more quality time.  In addition it will be easier to feel your feet touching w/ out your shoes.

LateStarter@46

I like your tuck ups ROM. I would keep them in your warm-up, getting the form down pat. Also, look and feel like a gymnast - take your shoes off, point your toes, get hands going forwards, and forearms parallel to the lower legs.

blynch51

Thanks for the advice guys.  I tried it again today and hopefully did a little better.

 

The ABH is definitely harder, there was some serious leg shaking towards the latter half.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks again!

BeanLion

I'd say you're rounding your back too much on the tuck ups (something I suffer from as well). Try to keep your chest high and push forward from your hips. When I do this my form is better and I can feel massive cramping at the top of my legs.

Anze Merh

You need to arch your neck on ABH as well, as per the focus points.

Nacho training

I can see a good improvement, but you could improve some things a little more:
- ABH: It seems like you can straight more your legs, squeezing your quads. Like Anze Say you should arch your neck on ABH too.
- Tuck-Ups: Point the toes please! In the foundation video, the feets of the athlete are lower than the knees. You could try to close the angle. Revise the video again and compare with yourself.
 

blynch51

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I really appreciate it.

 

I'll take a few weeks to work on it and submit again then.

Keegan

I think your back looks fine on the tuck-ups, but agree that you should point your toes and the angle of your knees could be more acute.

Damon Amato

not to veer off topic, but how are you uploading your videos into the thread?  I have several I need some help on and just seeing what the easiest way to go about it is.

blynch51

Hey Damon,

I just uploaded them to YouTube and you can select to have them be private (people need a password to view) or unlisted (where it won't come up in searches but ppl can publicly watch it). Then you can just paste the URL here and the forums seem to have a script or something that automatically embeds it into a video player

Damon Amato

ty.  I just uploaded some form check videos.  Seeing your ABH video made me not upload mine, I have such a long way to go to even reach where you are.