This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Im 1 form check

Started by Jaakko Jylh, July 11, 2014 · 2 Replies · 105 Views

Jaakko Jylh

Hi everyone!

 

I have allready posted one form check of this mobility exercise, but I realised that I was dislocating my shoulders. Lately I have been concentrating very hard not to dislocate.

 

How is my form? Is the ROM good enough to start moving hands closer?

 

Eric Baum

I don't know if it is the camera angle but I had the impression that your left arm went a lot far back than your right arm.

TANSTAAFL

Agree with Baum, it does look like one arm is going further back. Also you want to make sure your back is flat from tail to shoulders. And finally try to shrug your shoulders up hard, literally trying to push the bar into orbit.

 

I would say you probably need a little more lean and a little more ROM in the shoulders for mastery, but I could be wrong. Can't tell where your hands are either, so maybe film another first showing the hand position then turning and doing the iM. They look pretty close to me. Shoulder width is mastery, which is thumb side of the hand lined up with outside of the deltoids.