This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Skip todays Deload workout because of soreness

Started by Sascha Faltinger, July 11, 2014 · 4 Replies · 255 Views

Sascha Faltinger

Hi,

this week is deload. I train all F7 Elements twice a week.

On monday i had the first of two deload training sessions. Today I planned to have the second one. But I feel very tired and my body feels like needing rest. The upcoming weekend is fully planned and has no time for workout.

My question: Can I skip the second deload training of this week? I hate skipping workouts, usually I don't do that.

I had a lot of exercises with mastery last week...

Any ideas what I should do? Train today and ignore my soreness or give myself extra rest.

happy training.

Jennifer

Are you tired (wiped out) or are you actually sore with DOMS?  

 

After building up to a certain point in the program, I started feeling wiped out even during deload.  At that point, I switched from the 4 day split to the 3 day split and that went away.   

Duff

I say do it anyway and see how you feel. Sometimes that feeling goes away. If it doesn't, just do however much you feel like(or none at all, if that's how you feel). Maybe do some lower progressions.

 

If this keeps happening, you need to take a look at how much you can handle volume wise.

Jon Douglas

I agree with Duff.

Deload should have you ready for more. If that volume beats you up, chances are you working a little too hard. But you won't REALLY know until the next week when you will observe either progress or difficulty :)

Sascha Faltinger

hi,

so i skipped the deload training yesterday. felt sore in my back and really tired. i sleep like a baby. maybe to much volume at the moment? anyway, i hit a platau with some of the F7 exercises and have to repeat cycles.