Hey GB.
First off, I am a lanky, 6'5" ectomorph. I'm out of my element here in GST, but I really want to stick with it. However, I've been a little demotivated lately by a lack of progress.
I've been working with GB for about 6 months. Not a lot of time, but I think a decent amount. Despite having pretty much no mobility limitations (at least for my current strength level), I don't really have any advances in strength to show for these past 6 months. As far as I can tell, my technique is fine. I try my best to sleep 8 hours a night. I eat plenty. I have been pushing myself through the hard parts of sets and stopping when my technique breaks down. I started ambitiously at the 5 day a week Foundation schedule and have widdled my way down to 3 after accepting my low recovery ability. I'm even eyeing 2 days a week, since 3 doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Neither my weight nor my body composition have changed.
Basically, I feel like I should be making progress, but I don't really see any. I know that my body type can often cause complications in building strength. To help rebuild my motivation and perhaps get some ideas to keep in mind in my GST, I would really love to speak with some other ectomorph GBers who have found success and tangible progress with this program.
Erik Sjolin seems to be the star example but has not been active on the forum for a while. If anyone has his contact information, I would greatly appreciate getting in touch with him. I'm also hoping there might be a couple of others besides him. Anyone out there?
Thanks in advance, everyone.