please critique (start in L because not enought height to hang). I obviously have to lean forward to get throught the transition. Any ideas of how to get better at not doing this (other than doing alot of muscle-ups)?
Smoother transition in MU?
Started by diskonto, June 1, 2009 · 7 Replies · 2,061 Views
I know this isn't about the transition but at the support position, try to turn the rings out around 45 degrees in addition to the other components of a support position: locked elbows, extended shoulders, no slouching etc.
Hope this helps.
Rob.
The transition is good as it is now. The only way to get it smoother is to get stronger. The transition would be faster if you were in a full hang rather than pulling while keeping mostly/somewhat in an L hang.
Are you currently trying to do a legit L muscle-up keeping the legs in a horizontal L the entire time? Is that your goal? Similar to the one by Aguilar over on Beastskills?
If you haven't, practice L dips on rings and from false grip, L pullup and transition to the bottom of the dip. You could also work on L support to L hang as well.
Btw, nice extension in the elbows in the L.
Rob is correct that for virtuousity you should see about turning the rings at least parallel to turned out at the top. Especially, if you are striving to show the L-sit.
Thanks for your comments!
I want to be able to go straight up behind the rings without so much forward lean. Getting stronger it is then... I guess just doing them alot and to try to keep them as strict as I can. Tried today to force my elbows up rather than leaning over (which I realized I do to get the elbows up for the dip) and that made a difference I think (will post video later). I think I have the support position good if I focus on it, will also tape that for critique.
Keeping the straight L the whole motion would also be nice, but I do it mostly because I don't have access to higher rings at home.
Do these MUs look allright (start in free hang), and is the support position allright? (from the MU+15 sec hold*2 WOD, second set).
Hi Diskonto!
I ee you come from Sweden, which town do you come from?
Uppsala see www.crossfituppsala.se
It looks good but was choppy on my antique computer. I can play youtube stuff fine but apparently it may be out of HP for the Vimeo or that one.
I would urge you to also work a lot of your support work with the straps as long as possible. There is a difference between 3 feet and 6 feet and 3 feet and 12 feet and so forth. A world of difference. More of a difference with the support than with the MU, but just a bit with the MU.