This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

rMU skipping the MU progressions

Started by RyanC, July 10, 2014 · 5 Replies · 344 Views

RyanC

I have already gone thru the MU progressions 8 years ago. A muscle up is just something i get up on the rings and show kids every now and then for fun. I'm gonna opt out of all of that negative this and false grip that and just work on the actual rMU and harder MU variations until R2 comes out. Can anyone give me a good reason to do the progressions? There isn't even any mobility to go with it other than the already Rx'd mobility that you do every time.

 

My workout till R2

 

5x5 wide arm MU

 

Neg rMU

 

5x10s

 

 

 

 

 

 

BMJD

Actually I wanted to ask, you finished F4 and now warming up with those elements?

 

Congrats man

Coach Sommer

Skipping is a foolish idea. Demonstrating mastery on each of the rMU elements will only take a few weeks. Don't assume you are strong enough, know you are.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

RyanC

Just a little back story. II finished F2 and according to R1 it is ok to begin the curriculum a day or two a week. I am not some random adult that started yesterday. I've done gymnastics training for 10 years now so the strength and connective tissues is not an issue. I have been pretty good about not skipping anything. I'm still on step 2 of HS and step one of Press handstand. Both of those are skills i can "do". I was on Jefferson curls for Manna for months.

 

I've been doing the Rxd workouts back when there were WODs. I went through and scoured the site for MU technique so i could learn it. and for progressions to have my kids work on. I even have BTGB which was excellent in getting conditioning knowledge into my brain.

 

By no means am i disagreeing with the methodology of the program. I just wanted to know some other thoughts. Instead of skipping i'll go ahead and demonstrate mastery of the elements as a warmup to my auxiliary work. When i complete these programs i want to be able to say i did everything and mean it.

 

Thx for the replies!

Alessandro Mainente

well, go to a seminar is the best solution to see what comes after...it's very very interesting

RyanC

I bet. Whenever i think i'm getting a grasp on gymnastic training and becoming knowledgeable Coach says or presents something that i've never even thought about ever. Wild exotic stretches and progressions for things. I will go when i get my gym to get half of the cost  :icon_twisted: 

alex87 said:

well, go to a seminar is the best solution to see what comes after...it's very very interesting