This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

changing from 3 workouts a week to 2?

Started by Ronin168, July 9, 2014 · 6 Replies · 389 Views

Ronin168

i'm on my seventh month of doing F1 and H1 together.

 

i do my foundations workouts 2 days a week.

 

i've experimented with doing all 7 exercises two times a week (which is four foundations workouts per week).  i noticed that i was dog tired.

 

i've also experiemented with doing 3 foundations workouts a week (all 7 exercises one day, and then the normal 3 or 4 exercise workout on a second day).  but i'm still tired as hell.  i had my deload week last week, and this week is my week 1 of the month-long cycle, and i'm already fatigued.  

 

is it ok to just do two foundations workouts per week (doing all 7 exercises only one time per week?) 

LateStarter@46

Yes, you have to find out what works best for you. Being tired suggests not enough sleep/rest/recovery periods. If you are starting a workout still sore from the last one, that suggests you are doing too much.

FWIW I do Foundation twice a week over 4 days with two sessions a day because I can fit life in that way - not the other way round of course ;-)

Alan Tseng

I've been doing 2 day split (1 of each exercises a week) for 5 weeks now (this is the 1st week of my 2nd minicycle since trying it).  As the start of my minicycle I have progressed on 5 exercises.  For the other 2 exercises, one is because of flexibility issues and another is because I'm going back to clean my technique.  So I can say that I'm doing fine on 2 day split

Duff

Have you tried the 3 day split?

Ronin168

no, but i don't think that would make a difference.

Jacob Morsbøl
alan tseng said:

I've been doing 2 day split (1 of each exercises a week) for 5 weeks now (this is the 1st week of my 2nd minicycle since trying it).  As the start of my minicycle I have progressed on 5 exercises.  For the other 2 exercises, one is because of flexibility issues and another is because I'm going back to clean my technique.  So I can say that I'm doing fine on 2 day split

Are you still doing this two day split? Are you still doing progress?

 

I ask because I have sore traps pretty much all the time and only doing three day split.

Alan Tseng
JacobMorsboel said:

Are you still doing this two day split? Are you still doing progress?

I ask because I have sore traps pretty much all the time and only doing three day split.

I'm still progressing from 2 day split