This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What if I can't do a movement (SLS/PE1)

Started by Mary-Anne, July 9, 2014 · 8 Replies · 214 Views

Mary-Anne

Hello

 

I was feeling really good after my workout #1  and feeling that it was too easy for me.  Now I get to workout #2 and having problems.  I can't seem to manage SLS/PE1   I can go down and roll back ok, but can't get back up without using a hand.  What should I do

 

I am a 57 year old out of shape female.  :) (if that helps)

 

Mary-Anne

Adriano Augusto

Hello Mary Anne,

 

This issue has been answered a lot in this forum but right know I don't where exactly is the topic; maybe the one that it called "deck squat" and has a lot of pages.

 

What I did with a couple of persons and it worked well was put a couple of mats in the floor to assist the movement on your ankles and is easier than directly on the floor.

 

I don't recommend using a hand to support because it always be your "good and strong" hand instead of the other and this may cause imbalaces.

 

With a couple of mats (the number it's up to you and your body) you'll be fine.

 

Welcome aboard!

 

Check it out the "deck squat" thread to pick up more info.

Mary-Anne

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm not sure what you mean by "adding mats"  I did do the exercise on a yoga mat.  I can get up if I cross my ankles, but just seem to manage with them uncrossed.

 

I did a search for "deck squat" and this was the only message that came up.  I'll do more searching. :)

Mary-Anne

Update.. apparently I was searching in the wrong place.  I have found multiple threads now.  :)

TANSTAAFL

In addition to the ever excellent advice of Baron Augusto, you might also want to try and loosen up those ankles a bit.

 

You can do some self massage with a tennis ball or whatever in the calves and around the ankles as well as ankle circles and sitting in a deep, butt to ground squat position as much as is comfortable throughout the day.

 

If after all you're still having trouble, posting a video is best as the forum can see all the invisible offenders.

Murray Truelove

I'm a 27 year old male and found these impossible to begin with so don't give yourself a hard time.

Rob Rowland

Ankle flexibility is key to achieving the bottom position.

Adriano Augusto

By "adding mats" I mean put a lot of MAT (I don't know the plural of a single MAT, maybe mats?) building a stack of them, to roll on them and not just in the floor or with a single mat.

 

Like this (the first one)

 

p15489438p275w.jpg

 

Thanks TANSTAAFL :)
Mary-Anne

Thanks  I'll work on my ankles and see if that helps :) 

 

Thanks for the boost to my confidence, Murray.  :)