This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist stretch #4 question.

Started by Mark Schoenhard, July 9, 2014 · 4 Replies · 219 Views

Mark Schoenhard

Where does wrist stretch #4 target?

 

Thank you.

spacepilot

I'd like to know as well. A coworker that just started Handstand One and I compared notes this morning about wrist stretches, and neither of us could figure out where we should focus on for #4.

Alan Tseng

wrist adduction

Mark Schoenhard

Thank you Alan.  What parts of the wrist and forearm are stretched during adduction?  I want to be able to have proper focus when performing this warm-up.  

Alan Tseng

when wrist is going to adduction, you're stretching the wrist abductors, according to:

 

http://exrx.net/Articulations/Wrist.html#anchor263084

 

the extensor carpi radialis longus, extensor carpi radialis brevis, flexor carpi radialis, abductor pollicis longus, extensor pollicis brevis, and extensor pollicis longus are being stretched.  honestly, it doesn't hurt to know them, but it's much easier to think of joint movements rather than muscles