This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1

Started by ita024, July 8, 2014 · 5 Replies · 218 Views

ita024

Hello.

Yesterday i did the F1 program and i want to combine it with H1 but that means that all the other elements are in the same workout and it takes me a very long time - about an hour and a half, is there any way to make it shorter?
Another question, if im not flexable eunogh to do all the iM in the foundation, should i do them in the best way i can and move on? or should i repeat them over and over untill my mobility and flexability are good eunogh?

korija

dont rest between sets and exercises -> problem solved

-MR
ita024 said:

 

Hello.

Yesterday i did the F1 program and i want to combine it with H1 but that means that all the other elements are in the same workout and it takes me a very long time - about an hour and a half, is there any way to make it shorter?

Another question, if im not flexable eunogh to do all the iM in the foundation, should i do them in the best way i can and move on? or should i repeat them over and over untill my mobility and flexability are good eunogh?

 

For your first question, are you doing all 7 foundation exercises in one go (i.e. F7) or are you splitting them up between days? How many days a week are you training? I used to do the 4-day split and do H1 right after F1 and it would only take me an hour if I was rigid about not resting at all. I've now moved to the three day split with two separate H1 days, and it takes even less time without any noticeable decrease in progress.

 

For your second question, you need to keep repeating the mobility elements until you achieve the form demonstrated in the videos.

dynamo

H1 has several schedules that show you how to combine F1 and H1 and break them up into separate days so they are not all done on the same day.

SoyeBoy

Options for making your workout shorter:

 

1. If you are doing all seven elements in one session (also known as F7) then consider an alternative template. If you switch to the 4 day template, for example, this will encompass 4 elements on the first and third sessions, and 3 elements on the second and fourth sessions.

 

2. Don't rest too long in between elements. Take a maximum of a minute.

 

3. Consider doing your H1 workout on a different day to your Foundation training.

 

4. Don't dawdle in your warm up.

JimV

Today I timed my F1 workout: FL/PE1, SPL/PE1, HBP/PE2 (1 set of PE1 for warmup), RC/PE2 (1 set of PE1 for warmup). I was just under 30 mins. I fell apart on the HBP/PE2 and had to rest twice - so that was an extra minute or two.  I made sure everything was laid out and I didn't dawdle except on the pushups, where I sacrificed time for reps. Otherwise there wasn't an obvious place to save time. I'm interested to see if I can drive that time down.

 

Tomorrow in F1/H1. That'll take a lot longer, like ita024 noticed.

 

-Jim