How long will it take to develop flexibility for hanging leg lifts?

Started by muiye2, July 8, 2014 · 5 Replies · 2,231 Views

muiye2

So I usually don't do too much hanging leg lifts, and I'm not sure if I should be doing when I don't do them correctly. Basically when I do them I  do a leg lift to L-sit height, and then I have to lean back to get my legs to touch the bar. I do stretches everyday and I'm wondering how long will it take to increase my flexibility to the point where I can do this with correct form?

Awesssss

That's a hard question to answer. It all depends on your body, your stretching routine and how flexibile you are now.

Micawberian

Well if you work really hard and make sure to never skip a workout you can get the full leg raise in 20 BILLION YEARS 3 MONTHS 12 DAYS 23 HOURS 17 MINUTES. good luck, bud.

Sensei JP

On a serious note, I have the exact same issue: I can get to L easily but after that nothing, not without leaning.  I don't even know what muscles would work to pull further up.  It feels like my body is frozen.  I have a decent pike, but the active flexibility to get there is something completely lacking.

Jon Douglas

Start working seated pike compressions alongside your normal stretching :)

muiye2

Sometimes it feels like stretching is harder than the workout itself. Since I don't normally do seated pike compressions how long should I attempt to hold it for?