This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Some form checks (FL & sPL)

Started by BeanLion, July 7, 2014 · 4 Replies · 273 Views

BeanLion

Hi people. If you have time can you review the below videos and let me have any feedback please.

Thanks

Single arm plank

Bent hollow body rock

Eric Baum

For the plank, I think you are too much piked.

 

I know how hard this is because of the balance, took me a while to get through this plank.

Duketronix

Plank is too piked maybe, but definitely not hollow enough IMO, the lower back is sagging after a very short time.

 

Same goes for the body rolls, you aren't holding the flexion at all.  There's a definite lack of roll.  Too choppy and I can see the lower back not pressing into the ground.

 

You need to go back and perfect earlier exercises with proper form in both movements if you ask me.  

Keegan

I agree about the piked/flexed hips in your sPL/PE4, can you post a vid of a mastery set (60 seconds) of PE3?

As for the BHBR's, I think your back looks fine and your roll seems ok, but again your hips are too piked/flexed. If you look at the demo video again you'll see that the athlete's feet stay closer to the ground than yours, but more importantly his legs are at a greater angle to his torso than yours.

Again, post a mastery vid of FL/PE1 to be sure that you in fact mastered it with correct form.

BeanLion

Thanks for the help Keegan. Here's the videos if you could check to see if they need some work.

Thanks