This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Embarrassing question about MN/Pe1...

Started by StrongZombie, July 7, 2014 · 2 Replies · 288 Views

StrongZombie

Well, there is no easy way to put this...

 

Ok, so do the knees need to be together(fully adducted) during the tuck-up?

I have big ham-hocks for legs and doing so kinda smashes my guy parts. (insert joke here, but minors may be reading).

 

Should i wear a jock to 'tighten things up' down there or can i open the legs a bit? I want to do the tuck up properly but, i dont think it should be painfull - as in getting tagged in the crotch painfull.

 

Thanks.

Murray Truelove

With this and a few other exercises (deck squats, ABH, etc) I always sort my junk first. I got some compression shorts which helped.

Keegan

Also, and Coach can correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm not so certain that the knees have to actually be together on MN/PE1. It doesn't state that they must be in the form notes, and Coach has himself stated that some peoples' structures prevent their knees from touching while the legs are straight (different hip socket shapes I suspect).

So, since our end goal is a Manna, and it's permissible to not have the knees actually touching/together on those and other straight leg compression work, it would seem like a logical extension that having the knees actually touching together may not actually be mandatory for PE1.

I know that personally I cannot compress fully (chest to knees) if I really press my knees together even while sitting in child's pose, but can easily do so if I allow my knees to come apart ever so slightly (my knees also do not touch if my legs are straight/feet together).

I would be interested in hearing an official word on this from Coach or Cory though.