Situp help

Started by andrewclarkeyyy, July 7, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,067 Views

andrewclarkeyyy

Hi guys, 

             Currently doing F1 + H1 and am planning on joining the defence force who has a heavy emphasis on sit-ups.

 

I can barely do a sit-up without my feet lifting off the ground, but with feet anchored I can churn them out.

 

Wondering if anyone knows how I can try to remedy this, or if just continually trying sit-ups will make it fix itself.

 

Thankyou

 

Rayne-William

If you have been following the progressions outlined in F1 you won't have problems doing standard sit ups by the time you get to basic training.

J Don

You can try leg raises, crunches or decline sit ups to strengthen your core. After you develop more strength you should have no problem with sit ups anymore.

Alan Tseng

Sit-ups usually a tight hip flexor issue.  Many of the exercises in Foundation will require you to perform them in posterior pelvic tilt and that will loosen your hip flexors

andrewclarkeyyy

cheers guys,
I think my body is just not used to the movement and keeps trying to lift my feet.

 

I can do an L-sit for around 8 seconds so I dont think it is a strength issue

 

cheers :D