Is it possible to do this mount on steal p-bars?

Started by Richard Burns, July 7, 2014 · 3 Replies · 1,133 Views

Richard Burns

 

Hello guys. I think I got my body prepared for the skill like shoulders, flexibility. so I think I should come here Skill Development section.

 

Today I tried this mount on steal bars in the park. but I don't seem to have much speed that needed. So I analyzed the skill, dividing the video into every single frame images.

 

post-2089-0-58354900-1404739539_thumb.jp

 

post-2089-0-99456400-1404739132_thumb.jp

 

then I found out the difference between the video and me where I can't flex the hip that much like the athlete in the image. I got my pike tho. Yeah of course I  don't expect to do that in my first attempt. but I just want to make sure If I'm okay to keep developing the skill on steal p-bars.  Is is just a matter of proficient or the bars that don't bend? shall I continue?

 

Thank you forum.

Daniel Burnham

It's a cast to back uprise handstand. I have done a cast on steel bars but don't recommend it. Hurts the arms and the push doesn't feel the same. The back uprise should be fine on steel bars.

Richard Burns
Daniel Burnham said:

It's a cast to back uprise handstand. I have done a cast on steel bars but don't recommend it. Hurts the arms and the push doesn't feel the same. The back uprise should be fine on steel bars.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Would you recommend any mounts that require skill for me please? I only have steal bars.

Daniel Burnham

Try glide kips. Though these may be rough on the hands using steel bars.