This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Left shoulder pain during various exercises

Started by WadeWilson, July 7, 2014 · 0 Replies · 50 Views

WadeWilson

Hello i am new to this great forum! I just recently got my hands on how to build the gymnastic body and foundation 1 books and they're awesome. Currently working on my back lever

 

Anyway i come from a bodyweight/weights background. I still train with weights but that's not the point here.

 

The last couple of months i've been experiencing pain in my left shoulder during handstands and especially during pike push ups and military presses. One time when i tried to do a tucked front lever i also felt great pain in my left shoulder (probably the most pain till then) because i didn't retract my scapula. My mom told me that when i was little I dislocated my left shoulder. She doesn't remember all the details but i think this has something to do with it. I also had very bad posture before i started my journey with training 8 months ago. Fixed my hip, my forward head and still fixing that my shoulders stay back, not too far forward. 

So if you could tell me in layman's terms what this problem is and how i could fix it at home i would be very grateful. English isn't my native language so i hope you can understand what i meant and if you need any more details i will post them. I also included 2 pictures so you can see my posture.

 

Thanks in advance guys

 

 

post-14148-0-34362500-1404733639_thumb.j

post-14148-0-44238300-1404733655_thumb.j