This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stiff leg windmill weight

Started by I'mthenewguy, July 7, 2014 · 7 Replies · 413 Views

I'mthenewguy

What weight have you guys used initially for this exercise? Seems coach's athlete uses a 20 pounder??

Alan Tseng

Use whatever weight is comfortable for shoulders to rotate fully.  If it's as little as 3-5 pounds so be it.  I personally am using 15 pounds.  Coach's intermediate athletes usually used 25 pounds, and his elite athletes used 35 pounds.

LateStarter@46

I started with 3kg, a year later am on 6kg. Taking it carefully as my shoulders lack stability in this position but still get a good stretch in the hamstrings.

Mary-Anne

If one shoulder is weaker, should I use the weight that the weaker shoulder needs for both until it strengthens?  

LateStarter@46

Yes  :)

Adriano Augusto

I can do it with 32kg, with good technique for 5 reps.

 

I started with the minimum, 2kg if I remember. 

 

It's up to you, but the increases are always gradually.

MrPuppeh
Adriano Augusto said:

I can do it with 32kg, with good technique for 5 reps.

 

I started with the minimum, 2kg if I remember. 

 

It's up to you, but the increases are always gradually.

I have a question. When you mastered the Mn/PE1 did u do the mobility work 32kg or you moved on to Mn/PE2 and kept doing the PE1 Im and slowly kept building the 32kg stiff leg windmill ? As i am curious about how to reach the 50-100% bw jefferson curl. How should i integrate the mastered mobility with other elements? 

StrongZombie

Ill use 25-35lbs.

 

But when i was kettlebell training, i would use up to an 80lb bell or a bar loaded up to 95lbs. That was practice for two-hands-anyhow though. For F1 i go lighter but try to go 'deeper'. I notice a good stretch on my left hamstring, just south of the hip joint. 

 

I would say dont force it, no need to go heavy. Range > weight.