Another victorian in competition

Started by Marlon, May 30, 2009 · 10 Replies · 3,180 Views

Marlon

76npzElS4EU

Apparently Danny Rodriguez isn't the only one competing this skill anymore.

sasquatch

The first time I watched it I didn't realize that was supposed to be a victorian, I thought it was a weird looking L-sit.

I bet after Danny perfects it, a lot of people will start learning it.

Blairbob

there was another guy from stanford competing it as well, recently.

Coach Sommer

That was a poorly performed Victorian; enough so that this athlete undoubtedly received substantial deductions on it if he received credit on it at all.

Peter Derman from Stanford was the other gymnast who attempted to perform a Victorian, however his efforts varied widely in quality as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Gregor
Coach Sommer said:
That was a poorly performed Victorian; enough so that this athlete undoubtedly received substantial deductions on it if he received credit on it at all.

Peter Derman from Stanford was the other gymnast who attempted to perform a Victorian, however his efforts varied widely in quality as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

They recognited it and didn't get substantialy deductions....This was in Glasgow, where they didn't deduct strength elements as they should.

Razz

hmm wonder if they deducted him in Moscow then.. He was there aswell:

MKh9CSsZqww

Gregor

He got 6,3 for A score (D score) in finals in Moscow instead of 7,0.

DrAlexisOlson

That's a big difference. I appears they didn't recognize it then, which means he loses the 0.6 for the F. I guess the remaining tenth could be explained by losing connection bonus?

Gregor

There is no conection bonus on rings from this year on. And his is E and not F (it's bqsic victorian, only rodrigez1 and rodrigez 2 are Fs). Other two tenses maybe he lost somwhere else.

DrAlexisOlson

OK, I don't know why I though a Victorian was an F, but I think I might have figured it out now. He lost 0.5 for the nonrecognition of the Victorian (E). Since the Victorian was not recognized instead of getting an E (0.5) for a Rodriguez (Victorian press to inverted cross) he only got a C (0.3) for the press to inverted cross.

By the way there are three skills named after Rodriguez and only one of them is an F.

1) Victorian to inverted cross (E - IV)

2) Victorian to Malteses (E - IV)

3) Front uprise Victorian (F - III)

Gregor

my mistake yes, only uprise is F.

About deductions....it's not neccesary E jury deducted for victorian 0.5. Why? because E jury is independed from a D jury and act on it's own judgment. So if D jury don't recognite victorian can still E jury recognite it and deduct 0.3 for pike body and 0.3 for holding less then 2 seconds (here it could be even 0.5), that's 0,5 deduction (that actualy happened there - I saw a written deductions for all finalist on rings :wink: ).