Torn shoulder tendon

Started by Razz, May 30, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,806 Views

Razz

Hi guys

About 12 weeks ago i got an injury in my shoulder.. it appeared to be a torn shoulder tendon according to the MRI scan. I have been doing physio now for 6 weeks and last time at physio he gave up and said i had done permanent damage ( he thinks i stretched the shoulder capsule and slid my shoulder forward) and that i will need an operation.

Any advice/recommendations/opinions are appreciated, especially from people who have had experience in similar situations. Mainly looking for opinions and ups and downs about the operation, because i think 12 weeks isn't a long time and since i can now do weight bearing stuff in pressing movements and some pulling movements.

sasquatch

Sorry to hear that, man. That sucks.

when I try to lower from a handstand to a tuck planche I feel pain and it feels like my shoulder moves or slips.

How did you injure it?

JL

I'd like to know how it all happened. Some injuries seem to just happen without pain as a warning. When I got tennis elbow, I knew it was due to too much intensity, and for two weeks I fought through slight pain, but after two weeks of rest, I overcame it. On the other hand, my hip flexor or groin strain happened in the blink of an eye. No real strain, overexertion, or pain, then the pain happened. Golfer's elbow, pretty similar, but I strongly believe it was due to snapping my elbow around before the next set, and then straining it on the next set. What scares me is that my worst problems have been due to things that don't hurt before they go.

Razz

Oh yeah i probably should have mentioned i injured it in doing 1½ handspring into the pit so i land on my stommack.. and ofcourse i was stupid enough to just keep my hands straight above my head so the cubes pressed my shoulders backwards above my head, incredible i managed to get injured in the frikkin foam pit :P

sasquatch
Razz said:
Oh yeah i probably should have mentioned i injured it in doing 1½ handspring into the pit so i land on my stommack.. and ofcourse i was stupid enough to just keep my hands straight above my head so the cubes pressed my shoulders backwards above my head, incredible i managed to get injured in the frikkin foam pit :P
Aww, that sucks when you're just trying to do something fun and get injured.

My shoulder is feeling really crappy today. My friend was standing on my shoulders while holding my arms... we were at the beach and he was trying to do a flip off my shoulders... anyway he fell off and decided to keep holding my arms as he was falling. He bent my arms back behind my head, kinda like what happend to you.

Hope you can make a full recovery

Razz

Oh shit hope you dont get injured too haha. Thanks for the kind words :)

Still interested if anyone has had experience with something similar before and wants to tell me how it went with them.. ( how long time doing rehab, ever got 100% back on top etc)