ehh i dont really understand how to do it (from martialartsplanet). for example 5 sets x 3min its mean, 3 minutes holding myself little bit higher as my maximum and than go into deep relaxed stretch for 30+sec? am i right?
Weighted Hip Flexor Stretch
Started by lewkowicz613, July 6, 2014 · 30 Replies · 23,866 Views
you do a relaxed stretch for 30sec, then go deeper into the stretch, repeat 3 times (=~90s). after you reached your deepest stretch for the day you do isometric contractions for the given time with the stretched muscles, e.g. in side splits you would try to bring your feet together. this in 1(!) set.
yep. that is what i was thinking. thanks. anyway, loaded stretching for me is best so far. all with F and H is going to be jackpot.
Ravn said:I've seen this before, and wondered if it works. Does anyone have experience using this protocol as in actually achieving the splits?
i am starting to work on it this week. i will try to take bi-weekly progress picture to measure...well...progress
getting a better straddle is my main-goal. full side-splits would be a nice show-off-feature though too ![]()
I started Thomas Kurz' 'Flexibility Express' a while ago, I'll also report on how that goes. It basically involves very wide, weighted squats for reps (5x 5 to 10ish), then 4-5 sets of even wider squats held for ~3-4 contractions + a 30 second isometric.
So far I like that my gracilis isn't strained at all - Usually I have to give up straight leg side split training, because the gracilis gives me grief.
Also a question about the martialartsplanet tutorial. What is the difference between tensing and contracting, or is that the same thing?