This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 knee pain

Started by obc, July 5, 2014 · 3 Replies · 146 Views

obc

Hi guys!

 

After doing some SLS/PE2 iterations, I have a slight pain in my right knee. During the exercises I may fee some inconvenience in that knee too, but not pain.

 

I think this happens because my right leg is extremely weak. Initially, I couldn't even do a single Cossack squat with that leg, and had to push as hard as I could, while feeling some inconvenience in the knee.

 

On my left leg this is all very easy and I could reach mastery anytime. But I'm limiting the number of iterations because of the pain and inconvenience in my right knee now and not due to lack of strength.

 

Could this be that my right leg muscles are too weak, and therefore there's too much burden on the knee itself while pushing myself up?

 

How do I strengthen my right leg muscles then without straining the knee?

 

Thanks a lot!

obc

TANSTAAFL

Pain = Stop. End of rationalization, debate, confusion, etc.

 

With the limited info given I would say do cossacks on the bad side as far down as you can without pain, lowering over a good amount of time. You could use a box, stool, stacked books, etc...just try to lower it a tiny bit after each cycle if possible. There's a ton of other prehab you could do, but we'd need some more info about where the pain actually is, if it's an old injury, you've ever had problems in the past, etc.

 

Posting a vid might help as well.

obc

More info:

- No past injuries

- No immediate pain from the position itself. I have no limit of ROM and can go down on both legs with no pain

- A slight inconvenience inside the knee will happen after the 4th or 5th repetition on the right leg

- It's 10 times harder for me to push up on the right leg than it is on the left leg. The muscles are significantly weaker on that side. I suspect this leads to more strain on the knee

- After 5x5 i may feel some pain in that knee which will go away within a few hours

TANSTAAFL

If it were me, I would probably add some supplementary work on the weak side. For the PE I would still only go down as far as it doesn't aggravate. Perhaps some lunges or step ups just on the week side on the MN/PE2 days would be enough after a few cycles.

 

Hopefully someone else will have some input as well. Also, if possible post a video as there might be something going on form wise on that side that you're not noticing.