Rate my routine!

Started by RingMax, July 5, 2014 · 8 Replies · 2,771 Views

RingMax

Hi there

Could you please give me any ideas how to improve my current routine. It looks the following:

Warm up: Stretching->skipping rope (100 spins)->push ups(20) x3

Wide grip bar pull ups (10) and Ring Dips (8-10) supersets x5

Three minutes rest + stretching+ handstand attempts

False grip l-sit pull ups (6) and wall assisted handstand push ups (8) supersets x5

Three minutes rest + stretching+ handstand attempts

Close grip pull ups (12) and one legged diamond push ups (12) supersets x5

Three minutes rest + stretching + handstand attempts

Tuck front lever (10 seconds) and tuck planche (5 seconds) supersets x3

Three minutes rest + stretching+ handstand attempts

One legged back lever (10 seconds+) and L Sit (15-20 seconds) x3

Cool Down

The whole workout takes about 60 minutes. It looks like a lot. However I dont have that much spare time and I try to get the most out of it. I follow this routine three to four times a week.

My strength increases every week since I follow this routine.

My main goals are to build a planche (straddle planche), master the muscle up, learn front a back lever, develope a freestanding handstand push up and build some muscle (less important). WIll this routine support my goals?

Cheers

Max

Alessandro Mainente

probably you need to insert more mobility and less exercises.

RingMax

Thank you for your quick reply

I stated that I do stretches. Stretches in my case means:

Wrist preparation, planche leans, holding onto a wooden stick with both hands whilst rotating my arms (behind the back), other types of arm rotations, shoulder preparation...

My body is quite flexible by now compared to one month ago (bridge, palms together behind my back (http://www.tantramag.com/yoga/poza131-2.jpg)).

Cheers

Max

Alessandro Mainente

this depends on the definition of bridge you have, you can post a pic.

RingMax

My bridge is by far not a gymnasts bridge. The photo is from two weeks ago. I worked on my hand/arm positioning, which is better by now (arms are almost vertical by now).

lr2cxvxrb3n1.jpg

Jon Douglas

You have the same bridge issue I had until Cole corrected me. You *need* to work on less arch from the lower back and making it all about your chest and shoulders. I have fixed next-day irritation that kept me from bridging on consecutive days by working on this, and I read a post from Dillon a while ago that reported the same experience :) aside from injury dangers, it is also a lot more useful flexibility when you are working on opening your shoulders with every bridge

RingMax

Thanks Jon Douglas! I will try to fix this.

Awesone picture btw.

Jon Douglas
RingMax said:

Thanks Jon Douglas! I will try to fix this.

Awesone picture btw.

It will make quite a difference for you, and potentially spare you an injury down the track.

 

And thanks :) I thought about a giraffe head or something too, but everyone loves Yoshi.

Vincearoo
Jon Douglas said:

You have the same bridge issue I had until Cole corrected me. You *need* to work on less arch from the lower back and making it all about your chest and shoulders. I have fixed next-day irritation that kept me from bridging on consecutive days by working on this, and I read a post from Dillon a while ago that reported the same experience :) aside from injury dangers, it is also a lot more useful flexibility when you are working on opening your shoulders with every bridge

True story. The easiest way for me to accomplish this was to do to elevated bridges until I could move it back down to the floor.