This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE2 Form Check

Started by Collin, July 5, 2014 · 4 Replies · 85 Views

Collin

Let me have it!
I've been doing Gymnastics Bodies for about 16 weeks.
This move is one that I find very challenging. 

I don't have the flexibility coupled with strength to get that tight compression at the top, but I am working hard to be controlled and steady.

IMG_3486.MOV

TANSTAAFL

Looks like you might have some arch in the lower back. Try to keep it flat on the floor throughout the set. Other than that you seem to be on point with looking to get more compression. As long as you know it's a work in progress, all seems about right.

 

Also I would  go back and work PE1 and make sure you can do 5x15 with a flat back on the floor. Also posting a vid of PE1 might help just for a comparison/making sure it's perfect.

Collin

Thanks for these tips. I did not realize that my back should be flat when on the floor. I just tried it and can feel the different muscles working. Super helpful.

TANSTAAFL

Yeah, it's referred to as PPT (Posterior Pelvic Tilt) just for future reference as it comes up a lot on the forum in other PE's as well. It usually makes a pretty big difference regardless which one...and by difference I mean the craptastic factor usually goes up.

Collin

Cool. I'm going to start posting more stuff. This has been really helpful. Thank you.