This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gymnastics in Hong Kong

Started by Nick346, July 5, 2014 · 17 Replies · 3,597 Views

Nick346

Howdy,

 

Does anyone know of any place in Hong Kong that is open to adult gymnastics training? There's no shortage of gymnastics facilities for childfren, but it appears very limited for the adult market.

 

Any advice would be fantastic.

 

Nick

xpnerd

I would like to meet up and train! MORE PEOPLE?!

Jay Horley

I've been looking into the same thing, seems to be only for children! 

xpnerd

An Idea to just rent a place once or twice a week over there. There are possibilities

Jordan Dotson

Can anyone recommend an accessible facility with stall bars on HK island? I'm moving to HK soon and will be looking for a place to train. Not necessarily an actual "gym" gym, but just an open space with stall bars. Or one of these kids-oriented places that could be rented? Thanks for any thoughts.

Emily

Are any of you guys still looking for a training buddy?? If so I'd be keen to meet up on HK island.

Jordan Dotson
Emily said:

Are any of you guys still looking for a training buddy?? If so I'd be keen to meet up on HK island.

If you've got a good place to train, I'd be more than keen to check it out.

Rushi Patel

Did anyone on here manage to find somewhere in HK that suited them?

Emily Aitkins

Hi Rushi, I was using Pure fitness near the mid-level escalators until the end of last year. They had a gymnastic area downstairs with everything you could need (wallbars, rope, rings, parallel bars etc). They were changing it up just before Christmas so not sure if it is still the same.... other pure locations may have similar setups.

Rushi Patel

Ah thanks Emily, could be a reason to finally join Pure!

Emily Aitkins

Yea, maybe check it out first. I'm not the biggest fan of Pure, I found it too busy even at off peak times. If you find anywhere better let me know. 

Mark Alexander

Hey!

A new gym just opened in Hong Kong called Trybe.  I went in for a couple classes on tumbling and handstands a few days ago and it was great.  They have open gym hours as well as classes.  Great facility; great equipment (stall bars, rings, mats, PVC, plates, and more).

best,

mark

Rushi Patel

Thanks for the heads up, will check it out!

Emily Aitkins
10 hours ago, Mark Alexander said:

Hey!

A new gym just opened in Hong Kong called Trybe.  I went in for a couple classes on tumbling and handstands a few days ago and it was great.  They have open gym hours as well as classes.  Great facility; great equipment (stall bars, rings, mats, PVC, plates, and more).

best,

mark

Hi Mark,

I also checked out trybe last week, the studio is really very good and the handstand class is fun, I'm going to add it to my weekly schedule. I didn't realise they had open gym sessions, it that only available for members? Are you training foundations? 

Mark Alexander

Hi Emily!

I didn't dig deep on the open gym sessions, but you can contact them at move@trybehk.com.  I am indeed training Foundation 2; just here for the weekend on a business trip.

best,

mark

Rushi Patel

Cheers Mark/Emily, I went down on Thursday and loved it - am heading back this weekend to try the handstand class.  Might catch you there!

Rushi

Nick Ebner

Hey all. Besides tribe, are there any coaches in hong kong teaching GB?

Emily Aitkins

Hi Nick, as far as I know there aren't any specific GB coaches in HK.