This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What Muscle is the transition of a Muscle up?

Started by ngoachoi, July 5, 2014 · 26 Replies · 15,769 Views

Frankincensed

Great job - yes do calculate your risks carefully!

 

Also ones bone structure plays a part - so you may have mechanical advantage, more leverage due to relatively shorter humerous compared to your forearm bones perhaps. It's easier to turnover the bar too. Torque would be higher than for a person with longer limbs. How much a difference this is I can't say, but I'd be thankful for whatever it is that allows it!

ajoOba
Frankincensed said:

Great job - yes do calculate your risks carefully!

 

Also ones bone structure plays a part - so you may have mechanical advantage, more leverage due to relatively shorter humerous compared to your forearm bones perhaps. It's easier to turnover the bar too. Torque would be higher than for a person with longer limbs. How much a difference this is I can't say, but I'd be thankful for whatever it is that allows it!

"Also ones bone structure plays a part - so you may have mechanical advantage, more leverage due to relatively shorter humerous compared to your forearm bones perhaps"

 

i don't understand how this can be of advantage since i think long forearms are what makes this exercise harder. i also think his proportions are quite the norm.