This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE5 form check

Started by Gillham, July 4, 2014 · 4 Replies · 217 Views

Gillham

Hey community, can you check my form on my planche lean please. I thought I mastered this and an now having hard time with the bent arm straddle planche. Are my hands close enough to my hips? Am I piked to much?

How wide should my hands be? I have them just outside the shoulders.Thanks in advance!

Planche lean 7/3/14:

Gavin S

I would shoot for more lean.

Fede HD

You should definitely lean more and there is very little scap protraction. Look at the sample video again, you can see how much the athlete moves forward before stopping! 

Alessandro Mainente

More protraction and PPT.

Gillham

Cool. more everything...haha  I have been trying to just start with my hands close to the hips and just hold that but like you said, in the video he starts in a plank and slides from there and we should do it like the video.  hadn't realized I could be missing out by not starting that way.  ALso I have been just been collapsing to my kees when i finish and know see I should push back to the start position(plank).

 

What about hand width?  1 handwidth outside the shoulders like the dislocates?