This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bad Back?

Started by Michael Cavanagh, July 3, 2014 · 1 Replies · 97 Views

Michael Cavanagh

I injured my back a very long time ago that eventually needed surgery- two disks removed from lower back.  I think it was L4 and L5. Was 21 when I had the surgery, now 46. The surgery was very successful and i have been pain free and almost normal.  Can golf 36 with no problem.

 

Currently progressing out of PE1 to PE2 level and I've done everything with absolutely no pain, so far.  Actually, my back feels great. However, as i look forward in F1, I'm a little nervous about some the movements.  When i imagine progressing to a full Jefferson Curl it makes me want to have an surgeon on speed dial.  

 

Any thoughts? 

 

 

Damon Amato

A Jefferson curl is certainly going to put more pressure on the L3/4 disc because it's now the lowest disc you have and that is a lot of shearing, but if you progress very slowly you should be able to adapt without much problem.