Planche and weight

Started by Yaad Mohammad, July 3, 2014 · 3 Replies · 5,755 Views

Yaad Mohammad

Hey guys!

Another planche topic, yes I'm sorry! I just lost 2 kilograms around my waist because of ramadan, and I tried a straddle planche, I noticed that it was much easier than first. However, I'm not sure if it's the 2 kg that made the difference or just my progress, I haven't done a straddle planche for over a month before that attempt. What do you guys think, does weight really have such a big impact on a lever move such as the planche?

ASNB

Theoretically it should but better if the reduction is either fat or muscle, and not in the shoulders and upper body musculature.  With Ramadan it is basically a low carb, low salt (and everything else but carbs are really important here) and low water, which will drop a lot water weight.  

 

You may have dropped water weight as fast reductions are usually that and coupled with progress.  You also seem to be able to do well in strength on low carb.  I myself do not do well low carb especially on horizontal pushing like bench and planche, so I do better when i am heavier if it is because of carb loading.

 

I find planche and bench are very demanding exercises in terms of being optimally rested and fed, so it is hard to tell exactly.

DieKatze

i dont know if you are used to training in a fasted state but i know a lot of people that are stronger when training on an empty stomach (myself included)

ajoOba

sounds like you were just regenerated because you didnt train the straddle planche for over a month. they call this supercompensation.