Thanks Coach S and GymnasticBodies Community

Started by Michael Traynor, July 3, 2014 · 13 Replies · 3,652 Views

Michael Traynor

Hello all,

 

It has been a long time since I posted anything here although some of you who have been around a long time may remember me.

 

I wanted to say thank you to Coach Sommer and The Gymnastic Bodies community:

 

5 years ago I was a wannabe gym rat who loved gymnastics and circus but never had a chance to try either one. I thought stuff it, I bought a set of gymnastics rings online and hung them from a beam in an old building. I could only do 1 pull up full range of motion and after much redfacedness I managed to do an inverted hang.

 

I thought, there must be a way to learn how to use these, after some high level google-foo I found Gymnastic Bodies.

 

Fast forward 5 years and after hundreds of hours of training and a very challenging audition I have been accepted into the Nation Centre for Circus Arts in London. This is In no small part thanks to Coach Sommer and you all here. Reading, learning, giving me pointers on videos and encouraging me, through association, to hard work and training at crazy times after long shifts.

 

So thanks guys, now that I will be studying and not longer working 50 hours a week and trying to squeeze training into every spare hour, I may even be able to become a more active part of the community again.

 

Michael

Jon Douglas

Huge congratulations! I bet you are overjoyed :)

Mats Trane

Good on ya Michael! Congrats on making your Dream come true! I´m not surprised I remember you as very dedicated.

Cole Dano

Congratulation Michael and well deserved!

Alessandro Mainente

Congratulations, hard work pays always!

ChrisUK

Congrats mate! Definitely an important success story to "older" (but still super young) athletes who want to get in to circus. Its amazing how few people will try even as early as in their 20s to strive for excellence in a physical art just cause they have the illusion if they didnt do it in high school they never can.

What was the audition like? Your emotions during it? Im really curious :)

All the best!

meras

That is inspiring. I didn't think it was possible unless you started as a kid.

Sascha Faltinger

congrats. saw your youtube video! wish you a great time!!!

LateStarter@46

Whoa! Brilliant! :-)

Michael Traynor

Thanks all, I would happily tell you the audition process if you would interested to hear about it, perhaps I should start a workout log and post it in there? Don't want to spam up Community, what thoughts MODs?

piotro

Big grats, great achievement.

Btw. I used (and liked) your circus/rope videos time ago to try some basic skills (as I like that as well).

Kage

Would like to hear the story, do tell!

Sol Amarpreet

Huge congrats

Alvaro

Congratulations Michael!