How do you prevent wrist pain on pommel?
My son and his gymnastics team are all suffering wrist pain especially on pommel ( I am not his coach).
I have touched base with other coaches in Australia and they are all having the same problem....
I am assuming the wrist series in handstand one would help to strengthen his forearm and assist with wrist mobility. I am also thinking lack of shoulder stability over the hand on buck may place extra strain on the wrists.
Coach Sommer had a link to an article on gymnasticscoaching.com linking to http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/229/ about this subject but is not available any more and I am trying to find him an extra training, stretching, preventative program before the pain stops him competing at the sport he loves.
N.B He is now part of a PHD study on wrist pain in gymnasts.
I have puchased f1- 4, handstand 1 & 2 and rings 1 and can see many beneficial exercises.
Help and guidance greatly appreciated.